About HAPCOA Membership
Join HAPCOAMembership in HAPCOA is open to any individual involved in law enforcement, criminal justice or related fields of support. Categories of membership are based upon whether or not an individual is a sworn, law enforcement official and the rank of the individual at the time of application.
Exclusive benefits for HAPCOA Members include:
- Professional development opportunities at the HAPCOA annual national training conferences which include a wide variety of training seminars and workshops related to law enforcement and criminal justice.
- Networking opportunities with member-chapters and access to high-ranking individuals in law enforcement and criminal justice agencies across the country.
- Access to job opportunities, mentoring and consultation re: career advancement and personal development in the areas of law enforcement and criminal justice.
- A forum for discussion of proposed legislation and regulations, and their impact on law enforcement.
- A national voice to address concerns before legislative bodies, regulatory agencies and the courts.
- Access to HAPCOA's innovative interactive website which includes a section where individual chapters are provided their own home page for local promotion of news and events to their constituents.
- And more...
Regular (Voting) $100/yr
Membership in HAPCOA under the regular membership category consists of two types:
- Full-time certified peace officers of a municipal, county, state or federal agency; certified peace officer of a university or other private police organization or peace officer of a political sub-division of a state who hold the rank of command or supervisory Sergeant, Supervisory Special Agent, Federal Agent, Inspector whose Association membership has been approved, who remain in good standing having paid the necessary Association dues and fees, are deemed regular members of the Association and are thereby entitled to all rights and privileges of membership.
- Upon the regular payment of dues, an active member of the Association in good standing at the time of his/her retirement from a law enforcement or peace officer position may continue their membership with the Association. For the purpose of this Section, retirement shall mean the voluntary and honorable separation from a law enforcement or peace officer position.
* Also includes national security agencies such as, FBI, DEA, CIA, INS and others.
Associate (Non-Voting) $75/yr
Individuals who do not met the criteria for Regular membership in rank (below Sergeant serving in all levels of law enforcement and criminal justice system agencies) but who are interested in furthering the goals of HAPCOA.
Supporting (Non-Voting) $55/yr
Individuals involved in supporting fields of law enforcement and criminal justice such as criminal justice educators, highway safety specialists, security officers, other public and private sector employees, and representatives of community-based organizations interested in furthering the goals of HAPCOA.
Student (Non-Voting) $25/yr
Individuals enrolled in accredited academic training programs in law enforcement and related areas.
Lifetime (Voting) $1500/yr
Individuals who qualify as Regular members who are looking to make a lifetime commitment to supporting the work of HAPCOA through a one-time contribution for a lifetime membership.
Organizational/Corporate (Non-Voting) $2500/yr
Organizations/corporations interested in furthering the goals of the organization through financial and collaborative support.
* Group benefits are extended to registering police departments interested in participating in the annual conference and exhibitor activities.
- Group discounts on Conference registrations
- Exhibitor discounts at annual conference
- Special listing on website, annual report and other select print material;
- Access to Spanish language public safety materials
- Significant discounts on advertisements in "El Aguila" and conference materials
- Discounts on placing ads with Law Enforcement Jobs
- And more...