HAPCOA National VP (Teresa Ramon) Invited to White House to serve on a Panel Regarding Women in the Criminal Justice System.
White House to Host Women and the Criminal Justice System Convening
Tomorrow, Wednesday, March 30 the White House will host a convening on Women and the Criminal Justice System. In honor of Women’s History Month and in the lead up to the United State of Women Summit, this event will bring together justice-involved women and girls, family members of incarcerated individuals, women serving in law enforcement and other leading advocates for a more equitable and effective justice system. The event will also provide a collaborative environment to discuss and share ideas on ways to improve women’s access to justice in the community, courtroom and cell block.
WHEN: WEDNESDAY, March 30, 12:30PM ET
WHERE: South Court Auditorium of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building
The discussion will be live-streamed between 12:30PM ET and 4:00PM ET time. Visit www.whitehouse.gov/live to tune in. Follow the conversation at #CJandWomen and#USWomen.
- Loretta E. Lynch, U.S. Attorney General
- Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President and Chair of the Council on Women and Girls
- Karol Mason, Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Justice Programs
- Carol Adams, Sergeant, Police Department of Richmond
- Yasmine Arrington, Founder, ScholarChips
- Teresa Gonzales Ramon, Chief of Police, Judson Independent School District
- Andrea James, Executive Director and Founder, Families for Justice as Healing
- Piper Kerman, Author and Consultant, Spitfire Strategies
- Tracey Meares, Professor, Yale Law School
- Vivian Nixon, Executive Director, College and Community Fellowship
- Michele Norris, Radio Journalist and Former Host for National Public Radio
- Melinda Patterson, Attorney, Patterson & Teelon Law
- Catherine Pratt, Judge, Superior Court of Los Angeles County
- Brenda Smith, Co-Director, Community and Economic Development Law Clinic; Director, Project on Addressing Prison Rape, American University, Washington College of Law
SAVE THE DATE for the upcoming HAPCOA 50th Anniversary National Law Enforcement Training Symposium: November 13-16, 2023, in San Antonio, TX
September 12, 2023
(San Antonio) The Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association (HAPCOA) will hold its 50th Anniversary… Read More
(Los Angeles) The Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association (HAPCOA) Los Angeles Chapter hosted a… Read More